Nothing symbolizes fall quite like pumpkins do – especially pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, and, of course, pumpkin spice! But if you’re trying to eat healthy, many of those sugary pumpkin treats won’t exactly fit in with your wellness goals. But not to worry, because there are other options to help you get your pumpkin fix without sacrificing on taste. Here’s one of our favorite recipes for you pumpkin-loving snackers out there – vegan/gluten-free pumpkin pie bars that the whole family will enjoy!
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips*
- Pre heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil, butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine coconut flour, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set through and lightly golden brown on top.
- Cool completely and refrigerator for a minimum of eight hours before cutting into nine pieces. Enjoy!
- Buy dairy-free chocolate chips if you want the recipe to be 100% dairy-free.
- For a more cake-like texture, swap the coconut flour with 1 cup of oat flour and eliminate the almond milk. This is a great version for breakfast.
- Be sure to store these bars in the refrigerator. They’re best when eaten cold.
- Experiment with different add-ins, such as dried cranberries, shredded coconut, pecans, and walnuts.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 7426IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg
For this recipe and more check out: https://cleananddelicious.com/healthy-pumpkin-pie-bars/