Are you having a small gathering for the Super Bowl this year? Super Bowl parties have always been something I looked forward to each year, and it wasn’t because I couldn’t wait to cheer on my favorite team. I simply couldn’t wait for all the delicious snacks and appetizers!
When you’re on the track to better health and wellness, preparing healthier side dishes and appetizers can seem quite overwhelming, especially at Super Bowl time. But believe me, there are plenty of healthy and tasty options that won’t disappoint you or your fellow food grazers.
Below is one of my favorites – a fajita bowl that I recently made that would be an absolutely delicious treat for you and your guests to enjoy! It’s a versatile dish that can be served as either a wrap or a bowl!
Here’s how you make it:
- Chop 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and cook in a pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Add Tajin seasoning – whatever amount you desire to reach the exact spicy level you desire.
- I add about 4 tbsp of water in with the chicken to make it a little saucy and then drizzle some freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Sauté chopped red and orange peppers along with a little bit of chopped jalapeno in another saucepan until slightly softened. Then, add them to your cooked chicken (Any peppers will work, I just enjoy the sweeter varieties).
- Place chicken mixture over prepared riced cauliflower, if desired. I buy the frozen kind and microwave it as directed.
- Top with sliced avocado, pico de gallo, and Valentina hot sauce as desired.
- Lettuce can be chopped up for a salad fajita bowl or your guests can use the whole leaves for lettuce fajita wraps.
I don’t usually include cheese or sour cream, but you can easily have some readily available for your guests. Leaving out these two ingredients for yourself helps decrease your calorie consumption, which makes for a treat that you will not regret! Enjoy!
Call us at (502) 618-0995 to learn about all the ways we can partner with you on your wellness journey.